|© Kristin Looney|
Volcano is a game designed by Kristin Looney played using icehouse pieces, six sets of them.
For the full rules, look at Wunderland web site.
Volcano is close to many mancala games in:
- Pieces are not owned by any player until they are captured.
- Many pieces can share a single board position.
- On moving, you, somehow, "sow" the pieces.
It is different to most mancala games in:
- There are no cycles. When you reach the end of the board or a cap you stop sowing.
- There's an order on the pieces sharing a board position, that must be followed when sowing them.
- There are 15 different gaming pieces.