←Older revision | Newer revision→
wikimanQala is an online open-content collaborative web, that is, a voluntary association of individuals who are developing a common resource about mancala games. The structure of the project allows anyone with an Internet connection and a web browser to alter its content. Please be advised that nothing found here has necessarily been reviewed by professionals with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information.
That is not to say that you will not find valuable and accurate information in wikimanQala; much of the time you will. However, wikimanQala cannot guarantee the validity of the information found here. The content of any given article may recently have been changed, vandalized or altered by someone whose opinion does not correspond with the state of knowledge in the relevant fields.
No formal peer review
We are working on ways to select and highlight reliable versions of articles. Our community of editors uses tools such as the Special:Recentchanges and Special:Newpages feeds to monitor new and changing content. However, wikimanQala is not uniformly peer reviewed; while readers may correct errors or engage in casual peer review, they have no legal duty to do so and thus all information read here is without any implied warranty of fitness for any purpose or use whatsoever. Even articles that have been vetted by informal peer review processes may later have been edited inappropriately, just before you view them.
- None of the authors, contributors, sponsors, administrators, sysops, or anyone else connected with wikimanQala in any way whatsoever can be responsible for the appearance of any inaccurate or libelous information or for your use of the information contained in or linked from these web pages.
No contract; limited license
Please make sure that you understand that the information provided here is being provided freely, and that no kind of agreement or contract is created between you and the owners or users of this site, the owners of the servers upon which it is housed, the individual wikimanQala contributors, any project administrators, sysops or anyone else who is in any way connected with this project or sister projects subject to your claims against them directly. You are being granted a limited license to copy anything from this site; it does not create or imply any contractual or extracontractual liability on the part of wikimanQala or any of its agents, members, organizers or other users.
There is no agreement or understanding between you and wikimanQala regarding your use or modification of this information beyond the cc by-sa; neither is anyone at wikimanQala responsible should someone change, edit, modify or remove any information that you may post on wikimanQala or any of its associated projects.
Any of the trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights, personality rights or similar rights that are mentioned, used or cited in the articles of the wikimanQala web site are the property of their respective owners. Their use here does not imply that you may use them for any other purpose other than for the same or a similar informational use as contemplated by the original authors of these wikimanQala articles under the cc by-sa licensing scheme. Unless otherwise stated wikimanQala is neither endorsed nor affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such wikimanQala can not grant any rights to use any otherwise protected materials. Your use of any such or similar incorporeal property is at your own risk.
Jurisdiction and legality of content
Publication of information found in wikimanQala may be in violation of the laws of the country or jurisdiction from where you are viewing this information. The wikimanQala database is stored on a server in Barcelona, Catalonia in the European Union, and is maintained in reference to the protections afforded under local law. Laws in your country or jurisdiction may not protect or allow the same kinds of speech or distribution. wikimanQala does not encourage the violation of any laws; and cannot be responsible for any violations of such laws, should you link to this domain or use, reproduce, or republish the information contained herein.
Examples of some encyclopedia disclaimers
Although wikimanQala does not guarantee its content, it is not the only one. While most encyclopedias are professionally peer reviewed, they still do not guarantee their content.
- The britannica.com disclaimer (from the site hosting the Encyclopædia Britannica online):
- "IN NO EVENT SHALL BRITANNICA, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS, OR CONTENT PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, PERFORMANCE OR NONPERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF BRITANNICA WAS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, TORT, UNDER STATUTE, IN EQUITY, AT LAW, OR OTHERWISE."
- The MSN.com disclaimer (from the site hosting Microsoft's Encarta Encyclopedia)
- "...AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU."
- The bartleby.com disclaimer (from the site hosting the Columbia Encyclopedia)
- "YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK."